Top Button

Prepare Your Application

Every year, over 35 million people choose to visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities which Canada has to offer, including visiting family and friends.

Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of a country that is already biometrics required. Visit for more information.

Please Click Here to verify if you are required to enrol biometrics.

If you wish to visit Canada, you must first find out if you need a visitor (temporary resident) visa.

If you wish to travel to Canada for purposes other than business or pleasure, you are required to apply for a visa in the right category, such as study or temporary work.

  • Visit as a tourist

You may visit Canada as a tourist to enjoy the many opportunities the country has to offer, including visiting family and friends.

  • Visit your children or grandchildren

If you are parents and grandparents of citizens of Canada and permanent residents, you can apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa to visit Canada for up to two years without the need to renew your status.

  • Visit on business

You may visit Canada on business to look for investment opportunities, or to advance existing business relationships.

  • Extend your stay

You are required to apply before your status expires. Please visit extend your stay in Canada.

  • Travel through Canada without visiting

If you belong to a country or territory whose citizens require a visa to enter Canada you will need a transit visa if you plan to travel through Canada without stopping or visiting. There is no fee for a transit visa. For further details please see the IRCC Help Centre.”

  • Carry proper identification

Please ensure you carry proper identification for yourself and any children travelling with you. Some people may not require a visa to enter Canada, but may need specific documentation to return to their home country. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website for more information.

  • Need Help?

We may have the perfect answer for you

Top questions

Find more answers in the Help Centre.