As per instruction from IRCC, Canada Visa Applicants are required to install the following update before printing and bring the validated paper copies of the 2D forms as instructed via: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html. Applicants may need to upgrade to version DC August 2019 (19.012.20040) if the current version DC August is 2019(19.012.20036).
A gentle reminder to bring all pages of the 2D forms. If the barcode page is not scan able, you would be requested to re-fill the forms manually to IRCC system which is running a Certified IRCC version 11 of Adobe reader at the internet kiosk in the centre.
- Kindly please note that the helpline number has been replaced with +86 4000886637. Sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate for your kind understanding.
- Booking of appointments for enrolling your biometrics at the VAC is absolutely free of cost. No payment should be made to outside parties for the booking of your appointment. In case you are unable to book an appointment at the website, you should reach out to our Contact Centre and/or VAC directly. For more information on how to contact us, please refer to our Contact page.
- Important notice: Please be informed that the appointment scheduling service is necessary only for providing your biometric information. Please make your appointment when you consider you have all the necessary documents.
- Booking an appointment* with Canada Visa Application Centre to submit your Canada visa application is a free service. Beware of persons who may demand payment for it.
The Premium Lounge service, which is available at an extra charge, is optional, and availing it is at your sole discretion. (At the stage Premium Lounge Services are applicable at Canada VACs in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Wuhan, Shenyang and Hangzhou.)
Opting for the Premium Lounge service does not guarantee faster processing or a positive decision on your application.
*To book an appointment, please visit: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/china/english/schedule-an-appointment.html or
Call: 86-4000886637 / E-mail: email@example.com
- Starting 15 May 2019 (inclusive), applications submitted using IMM 5257 forms that are older than “10-2018” will no longer be accepted. The version of the form can be found on the bottom left corner of the form. (Click here to get the most recent application forms.)
- Effective from 30 April 2019, all applicants who submit applications under the SDS program are required to apply online and as part of the criteria, to provide a valid language test result without exception. Visa Application Centres (VAC) in mainland China will continue to accept paper applications under the previous SDS program requirements until 15 May 2019. After 15 May 2019, the VACs will no longer be able to accept paper applications under the SDS program and students who wish to submit under the SDS program should submit online as per program requirements. The VACs, however, will continue to accept paper applications for all other Study Permit programs.
- Effective from Thursday, 14 March 2019, expired Passport Request Letters or Biometrics Instruction Letters (BIL) for ONLINE TR applications (including temporary resident visas, study permits and work permits) are unacceptable. The validity of both letters is 30 days from the date of issuance. On the BIL, the actual expiration date could be found on the third page of the document. Biometrics and/or visa fees which have been paid with expired Biometrics Instruction Letter for online TR applications are non-refundable.
Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at all the Canada Visa Application
Centres (CVAC) in China. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
- Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit
- Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. A
planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus eliminating
longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so provided suitable
proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof may include a note or other
documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to be presented and will not be collected
by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing
time for the application. For any further information or questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with
click here to Schedule an Appointment
Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, VFS Global will collect Personal Information
from the applicant. A consent form will be required from the applicant authorizing the same.
All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable checklist
available in IRCC website. Please
click here to
Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a new entry
requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers)
travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC). All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines.
Canada Visa Application Centre has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer
any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details –