Due to security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) or stored in the premises:
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages. Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.
- Food and drink items
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants.
There is no facility at the Canada Visa Application Centre to store prohibited items and applicants may be denied access to the CVAC if they are found to be carrying any of the aforementioned prohibited items.
Usage of mobile phones within the Visa Application Centre premises is not permitted. Mobile phones can be retained by the applicant on silent/switched off mode.
Videography/photography is prohibited within the Visa Application Centre.