Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on 09 April, 29 April, 19 May, 09 June and 01 July 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on 01 July 2020 have extended this measure until 30 September 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
If you submitted an application for temporary residence in paper to the VAC on or after 10 April 2020, your application will be returned to you.
Please note that as of 01 July 2020, the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada has also lifted the suspension on the processing of temporary resident visa (visitor visa) applications. Although processing of applications has resumed, travel restrictions to Canada remain in place. For more details, visit the IRCC website.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Visa Application Centre.
The Visa Application Centre is offering courier services at a discount of 10% on the courier prices listed in the pricing table on this website. This discounted rate will only be available from 19 March 2020 until 31 August 2020.
- Important Update: We may experience disruptions and delays due to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please continue to visit this website for further updates and consult the IRCC website for special measures in relation to coronavirus.
- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Saturday, 02 November 2019. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- Important notice : Canada Visa Applicants may please note that the VACs are experiencing technical issues with the visa application forms. Applicants are requested to use Acrobat Reader XI- 11.0.09 version to fill up the form, validate and print the 2D Barcode form. You might be requested to re-fill the form at the internet kiosk in the centre, if the barcode page is not scan able.
- Booking of appointments for enrolling your biometrics at the VAC is absolutely free of cost. No payment should be made to outside parties for the booking of your appointment. In case you are unable to book an appointment via the website, you should reach out to our Contact Centre and/or VAC directly. For more information on how to contact us, please refer to our Contact page.
- Important notice: Please be informed that the appointment scheduling service is necessary only for providing your biometric information. Please make your appointment when you consider you have all the necessary documents.
Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC)
in South Korea. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit
Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre.
A planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus
eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so provided suitable proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof may include a note or other documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to be presented and will not be collected by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing time for the application. For any further information or questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with any inquiries.
Please click here to Schedule an
Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, VFS Global will
collect Personal Information from the applicant. A consent form will be required from the applicant
authorizing the same.
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable
checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a
new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified
exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA.
- Important Update : New service charges come into effect on Wednesday, 2
November 2016. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to
submitting an application.
- February 2016: Online Payments for Government of Canada Visa fees
- There are changes in Service and Service Charge Schedule, effective from 2 November
The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by visa officers of Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines.
Canada Visa Application Centre has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not
offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click