- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Sunday, 1 November 2020. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on April 9, April 29, May 19, June 9, July 1, October 1, 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on February 1, 2021 have extended this measure until September 30, 2021 with some exemptions. Please check the IRCC website to find out more about these exemptions.
Most applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website:
If you submitted an application for temporary residence in paper to the VAC and are not eligible under one of these exemptions, your application will be returned to you.
Please note that as of July 1, 2020, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada lifted the suspension on the processing of temporary resident visa (visitor visa) applications. Although processing of applications has resumed, travel restrictions to Canada remain in place. For more details, visit the IRCC website.
- Important Update: Adherence to the national decree issued by the local government; the VAC for reasons of national quarantine will be closed from Monday,30 March 2020 for approximately 15 continuous days, reestablishing our operations once this decree has expired.All those affected appointments will be re-scheduled and attended as soon as possible.
- IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Bridgetown VAC will temporarily cease acceptance of paper applications for – Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits and Work Permits. We will still continue to accept applications for Permanent Resident Travel Documents, Passport Drop Off (E-Application) and Biometric Collection. There are some exemptions to Canada’s current travel ban – please write to PSPAN-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for more information
- IMPORTANT UPDATE : Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, the Visa Application Centre has a temporary change in hours of operation. The Visa Application Centre will be opened between the hours of 08:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs effective immediately until further notice.
- If you have an appointment which is impacted by the above change, we will reschedule the appointment for a future date and notify you via email.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Visa Application Centre.
- The Visa Application Centre is offering courier services at a discount of 10% on the courier prices listed in the pricing table on this website. This discounted rate will only be available from 23 March 2020 until further notice”
- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Saturday, 02 November 2019. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- Booking of appointments for enrolling your biometrics at the VAC is absolutely free of cost. No payment should be made to outside parties for the booking of your appointment. In case you are unable to book an appointment visa the website, you should reach out to our Contact Centre and/or VAC directly. For more information on how to contact us, please refer to our Contact page.
- Important notice: Please be informed that the appointment scheduling service is necessary only for providing your biometric information. Please make your appointment when you consider you have all the necessary documents.
- Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) in Barbados. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
- Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
- Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre. A planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, TT Services will collect Personal Information from you. A consent form will be required from the applicant authorizing the same.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so provided suitable proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof may include a note or other documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to be presented and will not be collected by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing time for the application. For any further information or questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with any inquiries.
- Please click here to Schedule an Appointment
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable checklist available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from IRCC is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of IRCC.
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. Canada Visa Application Centre has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here