Security Notice for Applicants visiting the Canada visa Application Centre (CVAC)
Security Notice for Applicants visiting Canada visa Application Centre (CVAC)
Due to security concerns, we do not accommodate requests from interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants into the centre. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired/physically challenged applicants.
In addition, the following items will not be permitted inside the centre, or stored on the premises:
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, floppies, laptops, or portable music players
- All bags, such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags, and zip folders.
Only a plastic bag/folder containing your application related papers will be permitted
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Any inflammable item, such as matchboxes/lighters/fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers
- Weapon/weapon-like objects, or explosive material of any kind
- Food and drink items
Please note, the list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on the security staff’s discretion.
Usage of mobile phones within the Visa Application Centre premises is not permitted. Mobile phones can be retained by the applicant on silent/switched off mode.
Videography/photography is prohibited within the Visa Application Centre.