Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on 09 April 2020 and on 29 April 2020, applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on 19 May 2020 have extended this measure until 09 June 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
If you submitted an application for temporary residence in paper to the VAC on or after 10 April 2020, your application will be returned to you.
Please note that the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada has also suspended the processing of temporary resident visa (visitor visa) applications that do not meet current travel restriction exemptions. For more details, visit the IRCC website.
FOR THE KIND ATTENTION OF OUR APPLICANTS IN JAKARTA AND BALI
Owing to the ongoing global COVID-19 developments and directives announced by the Government of Indonesia, our Visa Application Centre in Jakarta and Bali will remain closed with immediate effect until further notice.
For more updates, we request our applicants to check our website (www.vfsglobal.com) or the Embassy/Consulate website.
We appreciate your understanding.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a precautionary measure and in order to avoid the spread of the novel Coronavirus, all applicants visiting the Canada Visa Application Center in Jakarta are required to have their body temperature checked at the entrance. Those who have fever will be asked to leave and return another day when their health improve.
Applicants with signs and symptoms of novel Coronavirus (e.g. fever, cough and difficulty breathing) should seek medical advice as early as possible from the Indonesia Health Authorities.
Your cooperation during this time is highly appreciated.
- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Saturday, 02 November 2019. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- The Premium Lounge service, which is available at an extra charge, is optional, and availing it is at your sole discretion.
- Opting for the Premium Lounge service does not guarantee faster processing or a positive decision on your application
- “Booking of appointments for enrolling your biometrics at the VAC is absolutely free of cost. No payment should be made to outside parties for the booking of your appointment. In case you are unable to book an appointment visa the website, you should reach out to our Contact Center and/or VAC directly. For more information on how to contact us, please refer to our Contact page.”
- Important notice: Please be informed that the appointment scheduling service is necessary only for providing your biometric information. Please make your appointment when you consider you have all the necessary documents.
Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at all the Canada Visa
Application Centres (CVAC) in Indonesia. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
- Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit
- Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre.
A planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus
eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so
provided suitable proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof
may include a note or other documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to
be presented and will not be collected by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric
appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing time for the application. For any further information or
questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with any inquiries.
- Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, VFS Global will collect Personal
Information from the applicant. A consent form will be required from the applicant authorizing the
- Please click here to Schedule an
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable
checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other
specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines.
CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative