Important Information

  • Please note that with effect from 19 November 2016, the VAC will no longer be able to accept the older version of the application forms dated 2010 or older. All applications submitted on or after 19 November 2016 will need to include the new version of the forms which can be accessed from our website based on the purpose of your travel.
  • The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at
  • Important Update : New service charges come into effect on Wednesday, 2 November 2016. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
  • The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
    All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
  • Introducing Can Plus for Turkish Citizens

    Effective 9 April 2016 Canada's Can Plus program will be extended to Turkish Citizens. The CAN Plus process will allow some Turkish passport holders applying for visitor visas to benefit from reduced document requirements if they meet the criteria below.
    • The applicant is applying for a temporary resident visa, and
    • The applicant is a Turkish citizen travelling with a Turkish passport, and
      • the applicant legally travelled to Canada in the last 10 years, for which the evidence is a Canadian counterfoil with a port of entry stamp, OR
      • the applicant has a valid USA visa and has not yet travelled to USA in last 10 years, OR
      • the applicant has a valid USA visa and has travelled to USA in last 10 years, OR
      • the applicant has a US entry stamp to indicate travel to USA in the last 10 years, but no longer has a valid USA visa, and
    • for Turkish families, everyone has to have travelled or have a valid visa for the whole family to qualify for CAN Plus.

    To see the documents needed to apply for Can PLUS please click here.

  • Evidence of employment
    • If you are an employee: letter from your employer stating your employment status, your leave period, and return of service obligations; your payslip (or your last month’s bank account listing showing your salary); your social security or government retirement registration document;
    • If you are a businessman: evidence of your business registration, your business tax certificate, your employment social security number;
    • If you are retired: retirement ID and your retirement salary account;
    • If you are a student: a letter from your school stating you are a registered student.
  • Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here