Introducing Can Plus for Turkish Citizens
Effective 9 April 2016 Canada's Can Plus program will be extended to Turkish Citizens. The CAN Plus process will allow some Turkish passport holders applying for visitor visas to benefit from reduced document requirements if they meet the criteria below.
- The applicant is applying for a temporary resident visa, and
- The applicant is a Turkish citizen travelling with a Turkish passport, and
- the applicant legally travelled to Canada in the last 10 years, for which the evidence is a Canadian counterfoil with a port of entry stamp, OR
- the applicant has a valid USA visa and has not yet travelled to USA in last 10 years, OR
- the applicant has a valid USA visa and has travelled to USA in last 10 years, OR
- the applicant has a US entry stamp to indicate travel to USA in the last 10 years, but no longer has a valid USA visa, and
- for Turkish families, everyone has to have travelled or have a valid visa for the whole family to qualify for CAN Plus.
To see the documents needed to apply for Can PLUS please click here.