If you had submitted (in-person on via mail-in) your passport at the Canada VAC in Yangon (Rangon) between May 2015 and May 2017, you may have been charged for GC Fee Collection and Remittance charges in error.
To ascertain if you have been incorrectly charged for this service, please refer to your payment receipt issued by the Canada Visa Application Centre. If the details on the receipt include charges for “Passport Transmission” as well as “GC Fee Collection and Remittance Charges” you are eligible for a full refund of the “GC Fee Collection and Remittance Charge”.
The erroneous charges are in the range of US$10.61 to US$11.55 depending on when you submitted your passport.
These refunds will be issued until close of business, 30 November 2017
Should you wish to claim your refund or if you have any questions on this matter, please contact the Canada VAC by email on Info.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This refund can be processed upon presentation of proof of identification and a copy of the payment receipt issued by the Visa Application Centre or your tracking number. You are requested to visit our offices at the address mentioned on the Contact Us Page of this website to collect your refund.
Alternatively, you may contact the VAC using the channels of communication listed on our website click here
- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Thursday, 2 November 2017. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- Please note that with effect from 19 November 2016, the VAC will no longer be able to accept the older version of the application forms dated 2010 or older. All applications submitted on or after 19 November 2016 will need to include the new version of the forms which can be accessed from our website based on the purpose of your travel.
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA
- Important Update : New service charges come into effect on Wednesday, 2 November 2016. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here