HOW TO APPLY
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON
You may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence.. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information
Important Note: If you need to submit your biometrics, DO NOT submit your application by mail to this Canada Visa Application Centre. You must submit your application in person. The Canada Visa Application Centre will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application.
Note for Permanent Resident Applicants and Online Applicants: If you are a Permanent Resident applicant or a Temporary Resident applicant who has submitted their application online, you can submit your biometrics ONLY when you have received a Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) from IRCC. You cannot give your biometrics unless you have received this letter
Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at +964(0) 662246735/+964(0)750 214 4033
Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years;
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enrol their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
Applicants applying in person and in paper at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
National who are required to provide biometrics only need to provide biometrics once every 10 years for temporary resident visa, study or work permit applications. However these permanent resident applicants will need to give biometrics regardless of whether they gave biometrics in the past. To know if you are required to submit biometrics, click here Find out if you need to give your biometrics.
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the Prepare Your Application page to obtain details on visas/permits.
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print
Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed CVAC waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
IMPORTANT: If a completed and signed CVAC consent form is not included with the application, we will NOT be able to assist you, and your application will be returned to you.
Pay visa fees as per instructions in the Canadian Visa office website.
Please note that when submitting application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC (IOM) service charge.
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs )photographs are not required for biometrics applicants),, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee and payment instructions. Applicable service charges will be levied. Please ensure you bring an accepted method of payment.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC
Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
Mail Your Application
You may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence.Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information
This service is not offered at CRDVC Erbil
Submit Your Passport
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport along with the request letter may be submitted through this Canada Visa Application Centre.
Please note that there will be a Service Charge for the above services if your biometrics was not provided at the same VAC. The details can be obtained here. You should submit your passport(s) at the same VAC where you recently provided your biometrics to avoid paying additional fees.
How to submit your passport:
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that request letter:
- In person/ through an authorized representative at the CVAC, or
- By courier/mail to the CVAC address mentioned on the "Contact Us” page.
With your passport(s), make sure you include:
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC
- Any applicable visa application center (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees, etc.
- Your contact information, including your e-mail, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent forms
To retrieve your passport, you have the choice of;
- Picking up the passport or through an authorized representative at the CVAC or;
- Sending a prepaid self-addressed courier return envelope along with your passport and request letter
The Passport Transmission Services offered by the CVACs will enable you to;
- Get your passport delivered to the CVO in a timely and safe manner.
- Track the status of your passport by using the Tracking tool on the CVAC website