Schedule an Appointment for Biometric Enrolment
- Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of a country that is already biometrics required. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at +964(0) 662246735/+964(0)750 214 4033
- Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years; and those who already provided biometrics also benefit from this initiative.
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enrol their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
- Nationals from Europe, Africa and the Middle East and those who are already biometrics required from Asia and the Americas only need to provide biometrics once every 10 years for temporary resident visa, study or work permit applications. However these permanent resident applicants will need to give biometrics regardless of whether they gave biometrics in the past.
- Biometrics will be collected using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with an electronic fingerprint capture device.
- Find your closest CVAC
Please Click Here for more information’s if you are required to enrol Biometrics
Appear at the Visa Application Centre in person.
If who have received a Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) from the Government of Canada requesting your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) you can provide them at this VAC. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website.
Appear at the VAC in person.
Find your closest CVAC
Bring the necessary documentation
- Make sure you bring:
- Your passport.
- Your passport BIL from the Government of Canada.