Security Notice for Applicants visiting Canada visa Application Centre (CVAC)
Due to security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the CVAC or stored in the premises:
Due to security concerns, we do not accommodate requests from interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants.
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags, and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages. Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.
- Food and Drink items are not allowed in the application Centre due to security reasons.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants.
There is no facility at the CVAC to store prohibited items and applicants may be denied access to the CVAC if they are found to be carrying any of the aforementioned prohibited items.