HOW TO APPLY
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit.
As of September 4, 2013, you may need to give your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) when applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit. Find out if you need to give your biometrics.
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents.
For best results:
- Print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
Important Note: Please inspect your printed form to confirm that barcodes appear on the last page (page 5 of 5). Insert the barcode sheet on the top of the all forms. The barcodes should appear clear and be free of any distortions smudges or fading otherwise it may slowdown the application process.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed CVAC waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
Important : If a completed and signed CVAC consent form in not included with the application, we will NOT be able to assist you, and will be obligated to return the application to you.
Visit CitibankNA branch (Balboa or Plaza Panama) to pay CVAC Service Charge for Application Handling to account number 0202801013 and beneficiary: IOM. At the CVAC, you must bring the bank deposit sleep as a proof of payment and your ID card. No bank transfers are allowed.
Methods of payment:
- Directly at IRCC with online payment: you must print the receipt (it has a bar code).
- Bank deposit in Citibank, NA to the account number 0202801013 in the name of IOM (Please provide original bank payment when you submit your application at the VAC. No bank transfers are allowed).
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument. Applicable service charges will be levied.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC.
When applying at the CVAC, pay the service charges, submit complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number which is important as it is required to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD USD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
Mail Your Application
The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) does not offer the courier service, applicants must pick up the application package when it come back from the Canadian Embassy.
To retrieve your passport in person, you must bring with you:
- The tracking number provided to you by IOM when you deposited your application at the Canada Visa Application Centre
- Your original National ID card or other official proof of identification containing a photograph
Submit Your Passport – For applications made online
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport along with the request letter may be submitted through this Canada Visa Application Centre.
With your passport(s), make sure you include:
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC printed
- The passport transmission service deposited at the IOM bank account.
Please check the service and service charge schedule section
- Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent form
How to submit your passport:
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that request letter:
In person/ through an authorized representative at the CVAC
- By courier/mail to the CVAC address mentioned on the ”Contact Us” page.
To retrieve your passport, you have the choice of;
- Picking up the passport in person at the CVAC or;
- Requesting return of passport by courier or;
- Sending a prepaid self-addressed courier return envelope along with your passport and request letter
The Passport Transmission Services offered by the CVACs will enable you to;
- Get your passport delivered to the CVO (Canadian Visa Office) in a timely and safe manner.
- Track the status of your passport by using the Tracking tool on the CVAC website