- With effect from 29 November 2018, Thursday, There is an addition of Canada Visa Application Centre in Cape Town
wherein applicants can lodge their applications. Please click here) for more contact details
- Important Update: New service charges come into effect on Friday, 2 November 2018. You are advised to check for updated information on this website prior to submitting an application.
- Important Update to the Biometric Enrolment process effective 31 July 2018.
Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of a country that is already biometrics required. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information.
Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at 27 (0)12 425 3002 .
- Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years; and those who already provided biometrics also benefit from this initiative.
- Permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- Applicants who require to provide their biometrics are requested to visit the Canada Visa Application Centre prior to 12:00 noon. To find out if you need to provide your biometrics, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp. Your cooperation on this matter is appreciated.
- The Canada Visa application centre will start accepting visa fees effective from the 03 April 2018. Refer to Service and Service Charge Schedule for more information. VFS will not be accepting Cheque payments as of the 16 April 2018. Note that you may continue to do online visa fee payments.
- The Online Visa Fee payment option is available on https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
- Please note that with effect from 19 November 2016, the VAC will no longer be able to accept the older version of the application forms dated 2010 or older. All applications submitted on or after 19 November 2016 will need to include the new version of the forms which can be accessed from our website based on the purpose of your travel.
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA.
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here