HOW TO APPLY
Submit Your Application In-Person
You may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information.
Important Note: If you need to submit your biometrics, DO NOT submit your application by mail to this Canada Visa Application Centre. You must submit your application in person. The Canada Visa Application Centre will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application.
Note for Permanent Resident Applicants and online Applicants: If you are a Permanent Resident applicant or a Temporary Resident applicant who has submitted application online, you can submit your biometrics ONLY when you have received a Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) from IRCC. You cannot give your biometrics unless you have received this letter.
- Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years;
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enroll their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
- Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
Read complete information on visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to the “Prepare your Application” page to obtain details on visas/permits.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the CVAC waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed CVAC waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print. Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the IRCC fee list.
Please note that when submitting application via the CVAC, in person or by mail, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) and make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument. Applicable CVAC service charges will be levied.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC.
Once you are at CVAC, provide proof of payment for CVAC service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
Submit Your Passport
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport(s) along with the passport request letter may be submitted through this Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC).
Please note that there will be a Service Charge for the above services. The details can be obtained here.
With your passport(s), make sure you include:
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC
- Any applicable visa application centre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees etc.
- Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
How to submit your passport:
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport(s) and that request letter:
In person/ through an authorised representative at the CVAC
By courier/mail to the CVAC address mentioned on the ”Contact Us” page.
To retrieve your passport(s), you have the choice of;
Picking up the passport in person from the CVAC
Sending a prepaid self-addressed courier return envelope along with your passport and request letter
The Passport Transmission Services offered by the CVACs will enable you to;
- Get your passport delivered to the CVO in a timely and safe manner.
- Track the status of your passport by using the Tracking tool on the CVAC website