HOW TO APPLY
Submit Your Application In-Person
You may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence . Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information.
Scheduling an appointment for Biometric Enrolment is optional – walk-in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at 0802008989.
Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years;
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enrol their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and complete the appropriate application form/s online and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit. Please refer to Prepare Your Application page to obtain details on visas/permits.
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents electronically and print.
Forms (including the barcoded sheets) are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
IMPORTANT: If a completed and signed VFS consent form is not included with the application, we will NOT be able to assist you, and your application will be returned to you.
Pay visa fees and biometric fee, if required, as per instructions in the IRCC Canadian Visa Office website.
Please note that when submitting application via the CVAC, visa fees must be paid in addition to CVAC service charge.
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument. Applicable service charges will be levied. Please ensure you bring an accepted method of payment.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOTsubmit your application by mail to this CVAC.
Once you are at CVAC, pay the service charges, hand your complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains your unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
You may designate someone to submit and/or retrieve your application on your behalf. If you choose to designate someone to deposit your application to the CVAC on your behalf, please note that to retrieve your passport, they will need to present a written legalized and signed authorization from you, a copy of your national ID card, and the original receipt from the CVAC.
Mail Your Application
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC. You must submit your application in person. The CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application.
Submit Your Passport
Kindly note that the CVAC doesn’t accept mail in applications, applicants/designated representatives are requested to visit our CVAC for submission.
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you may submit your passport along with a copy of the request letter to the Canada Visa Application Centre.
With your passport(s), make sure you include:
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC
- Any applicable visa application centre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees.
- Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent forms
Please note that there is a Service Charge for the above services. The details can be obtained here
How to submit your passport:
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport and that request letter in person or via a designated representative at the CVAC
To retrieve your passport, you have the choice of;
- Picking up the passport in person at the CVAC or;
- Or via a designated representative at the CVAC
The Passport Transmission Services offered by the CVACs will enable you to;
- Get your passport delivered to the CVO (Canadian Visa Office) in a timely and safe manner.
- Track the status of your passport by using the Tracking tool on the CVAC website
You may submit/pick up your passport in person at the CVAC or designate someone to do so on your behalf. If you choose to designate someone to deposit/pick up your passport to the CVAC on your behalf, please note that to retrieve your passport, they will need to present a written legalized and signed authorization from you, a copy of your national ID card, and the original receipt from the CVAC.