HOW TO APPLY
Submit Your Application In-Person
Note: Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of a country that is already biometrics required. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information
Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years;
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enrol their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
- Nationals from Europe, Africa and the Middle East and those who are already biometrics required from Asia and the Americas only need to provide biometrics once every 10 years for temporary resident visa, study or work permit applications. However these permanent resident applicants will need to give biometrics regardless of whether they gave biometrics in the past.
Apply for a study permit, work permit, visitor visa (temporary resident visa) or travel document for permanent residents.
Canada Visa Application Centre will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail
Step 1 :
Read complete information on the visa/permit requirements on the IRCC website and download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit.
Step 2 :
Fill out the application form and other relevant documents. For best results
Print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper
Use of a laser printer is recommended
Important Note: Please inspect your printed form to confirm that barcodes appear on the last page (page 5 of 5). Insert the barcode sheet on the top of the all forms. The barcodes should appear clear and be free of any distortions smudges or fading otherwise it may slowdown the application process.
If you are unable to provide all the supporting documents as mentioned in the official IRCC document checklist, you are required to fill out and sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form.
Failure to provide a completed and signed waiver form may result in additional delays or refusal of your application for a visa, permit or travel document.
Step 3 :
Step 4 :
Pay visa fees as per instructions in the IRCC fee list, and also pay the VFS service fee.
Step 5 :
Visit your local Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC), make sure you bring your passport, photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument. Applicable service charges will be levied.
Important Note: If you need to give your biometrics, the CVAC will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application. DO NOT submit your application by mail to this CVAC.
Send your application to the CVAC as per Mail In procedure.
Step 6 :
When applying at CVAC, pay the service charges, submit complete application and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number which is important as it is required to track the progress of your application online.
Important Note: If you need to provide biometrics, your $85 CAD biometric fee covers the CVAC service charge for application handling.
Mail Your Application
This service is currently unavailable in Beirut
Submit Your Passport
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport(s) along with the copy of passport request letter may be submitted through Canada Visa Application Centre of your choice.
With your passport(s), make sure you include:
- The passport request letter you received from IRCC
- Any applicable visa application centre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees etc.
- Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
- The VAC consent forms
How to submit your passport:
Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can submit the passport (s) and that request letter:
- In person
To retrieve your passport (s), you have the choice of;
- Picking up the passport in person from the CVAC
- Requesting return of passport by courier
Please note that there will be a Service Charge for the above services. Courier charges where applicable are separate from the Service Charge applicable for Passport Transmission Services. The details can be obtained here.
The Passport Transmission Services offered by the CVACs will enable you to;
- Get your passport delivered to the CVO in a timely and safe manner.