Schedule an Appointment for Biometric Enrolment
- You may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics for more information
- Important Note: If you need to submit your biometrics, DO NOT submit your application by mail to this Canada Visa Application Centre. You must submit your application in person. The Canada Visa Application Centre will collect your biometrics at the same time you submit your application.
- Note for Permanent Resident Applicants and online Applicants: If you are a Permanent Resident applicant or a Temporary Resident applicant who has submitted application online, you can submit your biometrics ONLY when you have received a Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) from IRCC. You cannot give your biometrics unless you have received this letter.
- Scheduling an appointment for Biometrics Enrolment is optional – walk in clients are always welcome to submit their biometrics without a prior appointment. Note however, that a planned visit with a preferred time slot via an appointment at the Visa application Centre guarantees prompt service, thus eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience. You can schedule an appointment at the nearest Visa Application Centre, either through the VAC website or by calling the call center at +254 205147901
- Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years; and those who already provided biometrics also benefit from this initiative.
- However, permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- If you have applied for a temporary resident visa, study or work permit in the past and are unsure if the biometrics have been provided, Please refer to the IRCC website (Canada.gc.ca/biometrics), and “Find out if your biometrics are still valid”
- Refer to the IRCC website for a list of visa-required countries for temporary residents: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html
- For the purposes of biometric collection, nationality is based on the nationality you have declared in question number 6 (*Citizenship) on the IRCC application form.
- Applicants who have submitted an application online to IRCC must present a Biometric Instruction Letter to enrol their biometrics. To find out more about biometrics visit the IRCC website
Applicants applying in person at a VAC do not need to present a Biometric Instruction Letter.
- Nationals from Europe, Africa and the Middle East and those who are already biometrics required from Asia and the Americas only need to provide biometrics once every 10 years for temporary resident visa, study or work permit applications. However these permanent resident applicants will need to give biometrics regardless of whether they gave biometrics in the past.
Biometrics will be collected using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with an electronic fingerprint capture device.
Please Click Here for more information’s if you are required to enroll Biometrics
STEPS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Appear at the Visa Application Centre in person.