Important Update: Please be informed that starting from 02 November 2018, VFS Global will accept applications and collect biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in Japan under a new set of requirements and services. For information on the requirements and services for applications submitted on or after 02 November 2018, please visit www.Canada.ca/Immigration.
For applications submitted on or before 01 November 2018 the Canada Visa Application Centre will continue to provide services until 01 February 2019. During this period, the VAC will remain open for clients to collect their documents. The last date for collection of documents will be 01 February 2019. A Notification will be sent to applicants when documents are ready for collection.
Applications received after 17:00 on 01 November 2018 must be prepared according to the new requirements. If we receive a mail-in application after this time that was prepared according to the old requirements, it will hold up the processing of the application, and may result in its return to the sender.
For applications received on or before 01 November 2018, the VAC will continue to return documents to clients at this VAC from 02 November 2018 until 01 February 2019. A notification will be sent when documents are ready for collection.
VAC will dispatch all unclaimed decision envelopes to the IRCC Specified Office on 02 February 2019 along with a detailed inventory report. The IRCC Office will coordinate the return of documents for these applications.
Please visit www.Canada.ca/Immigration for more details on the new requirements and services.
- Important Update to the Biometric Enrolment process effective 31 July 2018.
Effective 31 July 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photos (biometrics) at a Visa Application Centre when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence if you are a national of a country or territory in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, or if you are a national of country that is already biometrics required. Visit Canada.gc.ca/biometrics to Find out if you need to give your biometrics
- Temporary resident visa, study and work permit applicants only need to give biometrics once every 10 years; and those who already provided biometrics also benefit from this initiative
- Permanent residence applicants will need to give biometrics with each application.
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click here