Closing VAC Notice – Surabaya, Indonesia
- Important Update: Please be informed that the VAC in Surabaya, Indonesia is now permanently closed. Applications that have been submitted can be tracked here
- For applications submitted on or before 01 November 2018, the Canada Visa Application Centre in Surabaya, Indonesia and the Contact Centre will continue to provide services until 30 November 2018. During this period, the VAC will remain open for clients to collect their documents. The last date for collection of documents was on 30 November 2018.
- Notification has been sent when documents are ready for collection or are being dispatched. If the VAC has permanently closed when your documents are ready for collection, the IRCC Office will coordinate the return of the documents.
- Visit www.Canada.ca/Immigration for more details on how to submit an application and/or provide your biometrics after November 1, 2018.
- Important Update: Please be informed that starting from 02 November 2018, VFS
Global will accept applications and collect biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre in
Indonesia under a new set of requirements and services. For information on the requirements and
services for applications submitted on or after 02 November 2018, please www.Canada.ca/Immigration.
- For applications submitted on or before 01 November 2018 the Canada Visa Application Centre will
continue to provide services until 01 February 2019. During this period, the VAC will remain open for
clients to collect their documents. The last date for collection of documents will be 01 February
2019. A Notification will be sent to applicants when documents are ready for collection.
- Applications received after 17:00 on 01 November 2018 must be prepared according to the new
requirements. If we receive a mail-in application after this time that was prepared according to the
old requirements, it will hold up the processing of the application, and may result in its return to
- For applications received on or before 01 November 2018, the VAC will continue to return documents
to clients at this VAC from 02 November 2018 until 01 February 2019. A notification will be sent when
documents are ready for collection.
- VAC will dispatch all unclaimed decision envelopes to the IRCC Specified Office on 02 February 2019
along with a detailed inventory report. The IRCC Office will coordinate the return of documents for
- Please visit www.Canada.ca/Immigration for more details on the new
requirements and services
Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at all the Canada Visa
Application Centres (CVAC) in Indonesia. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
- Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit
- Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre.
A planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus
eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so
provided suitable proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof
may include a note or other documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to
be presented and will not be collected by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric
appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing time for the application. For any further information or
questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with any inquiries.
- Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, VFS Global will collect Personal
Information from the applicant. A consent form will be required from the applicant authorizing the
- Please click here to Schedule an
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable
checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other
specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines.
CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative