Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at the Canada Visa Application
Centre (CVAC) in Hong Kong. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
- Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
- To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit
- Please note that appointments are mandatory in order to enroll biometrics at the Visa Application Centre.
A planned visit with a preferred time slot at the Visa Application Centre guarantees prompt service thus
eliminating longer waiting time resulting in inconvenience.
- Applicants requesting emergency appointments for the purpose of biometric collection may do so provided suitable proof of the emergency is presented at the time of the appointment. Suitable proof may include a note or other documentation from an official. Please note that this proof only needs to be presented and will not be collected by the VAC, and that this will provide an emergency biometric appointment but not affect IRCC’s processing time for the application. For any further information or questions, the Contact Centre is able to assist with any inquiries.
Please click here to Schedule
Please note, for the sole purpose of scheduling an appointment, VFS Global will collect Personal
Information from the applicant. A consent form will be required from the applicant authorizing the
- All applicants are requested to provide the latest version of the application forms and applicable
checklist available in IRCC website. Please click here to Find Form and Guides
- Important information about visa submission if a tropical cyclone Number 8 storm signal or
Black rainstorm warning alert notification is issued: In case such a weather warning is
released by The Hong Kong Observatory to temporarily close businesses and schools in Hong Kong,
applicants should visit the visa application centre once the weather warning is lifted. Our website
also provides the most up to date information about our operating hours
- The Electronic Travel authorization (eTA) from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals (apart from U.S. citizens and other
specified exempt travelers) travelling to Canada by air. The online application is available at www.Canada.ca/eTA.
- The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
All applications will be assessed in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and
guidelines. Canada Visa Application Centre has no role or influence over the outcome of an
application and will not offer any evaluative advice.
- Beware of fraudulent job offers. For more details – click